On the review is a great ten of the best programs for backing up data. Some are mainly focused on bringing the computer to life in the case of a non-booting Windows, others on the periodic backup of personal information. All the versions under consideration are free, many have paid counterparts with additional features.
Redo Backup and Recovery
Redo is a special version of the Linux bootloader, which includes window and console applications for backup, resuscitation of hard drive partitions and other operations. Windows users will also benefit from the Redo software package, as it boots from external media and understands all file systems.
Redo has an English, but not difficult interface. There are 2 icons in the interface of the main module: the first one is for copying the hard disk, the second one is for restoring it. You can burn a disk image both to the original partition and to another.
In addition to the main utility, Redo includes the following programs:
- file manager (you can google along the way);
- image viewer;
- command line;
- text editor;
Redo can not only restore the entire disk using a pre-recorded image: it has console applications for fine work with the hard drive.
Not PowerPoint alone: What program is used to make a presentation: 10 best services
EASEUS Todo Backup Free
The free version of the program has the following features:
- Backup/reanimation of disks and their parts.
- Resuscitation from a backup of the affected Windows system partitions on the original or other media.
- Selecting the compression level res. copies.
- Storing multiple versions of files.
- Erase information on the disk.
- Cloning disks, selected partitions, transferring Windows to another medium.
- Creating a pre-boot environment for resuscitation that does not boot Windows.
- Cloud backup.
- Create a recovery disk.
- Transferring Windows to another PC with identical hardware.
The program supports 3 types of archiving:
Everything is overwritten every time.
Starting from the second backup, only changed and new files are backed up (data is backed up).
An analogue of the incremental method, the differences are more copies and disk space, faster recovery.
Todo is one of the best system backup and recovery software. Its functionality is really impressive.
In search of the lost: How to recover deleted files from a computer: 5 programs to help
The application is sharpened for regular backup of information in a computer under Windows. Cobian does not create boot disks, but you can set up automatic copying of the necessary folders. There is even an upload via FTP, which is not typical for free software. You can choose redundancy with or without compression, the first option involves an additional load on the hardware.
The utility is installed as a program or service, after installation the Cobian icon appears in the system tray, double-clicking on it opens the settings. Dozens of adjustable parameters are intelligently distributed over several windows; a Russified interface helps to understand them.
We go to a remote tablet, smartphone: Ways to remotely control an Android device: 5 free programs
The Aomei product is similar in functionality to the Todo backup, only it has a more modern design. Another strength of Aomei is the presence of a localization, it is not necessary to be limited to the original English version. Software features include:
- Backup and recovery of Windows disks, partitions, individual files.
- Starting from the 5th version, Universal Restore technology is available for users of free software, which allows you to transfer Windows to another PC.
- You can do full, incremental, differential backups; run Windows backup without stopping work with documents, various programs; select the degree of compression of copies (zero, medium, high).
- Cloning disks/partitions.
- File synchronization.
Aomei Backupper is a Windows backup software that combines advanced design and functionality. After installing the crack, it is pleasant to work with her.
Choosing brands of hard drives: TOP-5 best manufacturers of internal hard drives (HDD)
Macrium Reflect Free
The Reflect application has proven itself as a tool for transferring Windows from HDD to SSD. It also makes it easy to create a system image. To download free software, you need to select the Free version on the Macrium website. The program interface is in English, but it is not overloaded with details, you can understand the menu. For example, transferring the system to another disk is done in literally 3 steps:
- In the Backup tab, click “Clone this disk”.
- If necessary, remove the checkmarks from the sections that do not need to be copied. Click “Select a disk …” at the bottom to choose where you want to backup.
- We click “Next” a couple of times, and then “Finish” and “OK”.
To create a disk image, you need to click “Create an image …” in the Backup tab. The next step is a procedure similar to cloning. By default, the program offers an average level of data compression. After the backup is completed, the resulting disk image is visible in the Restore tab, you can copy the necessary files from it.
What is there under the hard drive case: How a hard disk drive (HDD) works: the device and principle of operation of a hard drive in 6 sections
Paragon Backup & Recovery
Backupper is designed to back up the data of computers that run MacOS and custom versions of Windows. Backing up server Windu using Paragon software will not work. The functionality of the program includes creating a disk image for system recovery and backup, which can be performed at a specified frequency: daily, monthly, by event. There are 3 types of backup available: full, incremental, differential. The choice depends on the desired backup speed, the availability of free megabytes and other factors.
You can choose the storage period for the backup. By default, data is retained until deleted by the user. In addition, the archive compression level is configured, and a password can be set. You can back up all PC disks, divide the backup into parts. The brainchild of Paragon is one of the best programs for systematic backup of files, largely due to the authority of the developer company.
We reanimate the hard drive: How to cure a hard disk (HDD) and fix bad sectors: 7 good diagnostic programs
If you only want to set up folder backups in Windows, you can use the BackUp Maker utility. The program has a simple and logical Russian-language interface. Setting algorithm:
- Select folders for backup.
- Set file filters if necessary.
- We select the time to start copying or we time the start of the backup to a system event (starting the OS, exiting it, connecting to a flash drive).
- We decide on the nuances of copying.
- Select the backup storage location (on the same PC or send via FTP).
- Set up naming of copies.
After setting up a backup, the program will create copies in zip format in the background at the required frequency. You can put a password on the archive. It is possible to set the division of the backup into parts.
An interesting article: Who and how invented the first hard drive: 4 epochs of HDD history
The Action utility is similar to BackUp Maker, it is also designed for file backup. Tasks in it are configured in a similar way. Uploading to HDD, via FTP, to a USB flash drive, to a local network directory is available. Fine-tuning archiving has been implemented: you can skip system files, do not compress videos, etc. It is possible to set the parameters for deleting obsolete copies:
- nail them after a given number of days or weeks;
- clean the hard drive when there is little space left on it.
You can set when to delete archives: before recording a new one or after. You can choose the degree of compression, type of copying. Action is one of the best backup programs for inexperienced users. It is completely Russified, it has a tree-like help with screenshots. Works in the background, all actions and results of copying are visible.
Choose the type of disk: SSD or HDD – which is better: differences between 2 types of drives
The program is interesting for the possibility of shadow copying partitions and recording a backup in xml format. Utility features:
- Burning disk images and individual selected partitions.
- Recovery of disk images. The operation is possible without restarting Windows.
- Disk cloning.
- Viewing the image, searching for and extracting files from it.
The program does not know how to do differentiated copying, you can only overwrite everything on a new one. But the developer took security seriously when performing operations related to the possible loss of information. In some cases, to continue working, you need to enter the key specified in the warning message.
Reanimate a flash drive: How to recover data from a flash drive: 5 best programs
Everyday Auto Backup
The Everyday app is the minimum settings for daily backup of files. The functionality of the program for quick backup includes:
- the ability to filter files to be backed up by names and/or extensions;
- backup launch planning;
- quick configuration of the redundancy profile;
- overwriting archives or adding new copies.
Everyday backup information can be taken from a hard drive, from an external drive or a network directory. To record the archive, the same 3 options for locations are provided. Backup settings are as simple as possible, only full copying is provided.
Finally, a table by which you can navigate when choosing a program:
Only two out of ten programs combine functions that make it possible to work with disk partitions (reanimate in an image and / or clone) and backup files. There is no tragedy in this, since you can use different applications as needed.
Reanimate iPad: How to Restore iPad: 3 Best Ways